Guess what? You only need 5 simple ingredients for this soft and silky homemade ice cream and you don’t need any fancy machine. You can do this even with your trusty wire whisk!
- 200 grams whipping cream, full fat
- 170 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 15 grams ube powder
- 60 grams cream cheese, cut into pieces or small chunks
- pinch of fine salt
- In a small saucepan, combine condensed milk and ube powder. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat while continuously stirring. Set aside to cool completely.
- Whip the heavy cream until it forms medium peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed and ube mixture plus a pinch of salt to the heavy cream. Continue beating until stiff peak form.
- Add the cream cheese and do the final whipping.
- Transfer to a small loaf pan and freeze for at least 5 hours. Enjoy!
- It is best to use cold cream for easy whipping. For easy fix, you may place all your tools* and ingredients in the freezer for 5 minutes. *Please DO NOT include the machine! Only the whisk and mixing bowl. 😛
- Make sure that your sweetened condensed milk and ube mixture has cool down completely before mixing it to the whipped cream.
- The purpose of heating the milk and ube is just to make sure that I don’t get lumps and that the ube powder has dissolved completely.
- Small bits and imperfections that are shown in the below photo are because of the cream cheese.
- If using an electric hand mixer, use medium speed. If using wire whisk, use your arm power! 🙂
Did you make this recipe?
Tag me @theintrovertkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #theintrovertkitchen