Do you love peanut butter, ice cream, and coffee like me? Well, this homemade ice cream recipe is for all of us! 🙂
I would like to say thank you to @elmerkadito.si (https://www.instagram.com/elmerkadito.si/) for sponsoring this recipe. They specialize in offering popular products from Mexico, South America, and the U.S. You can visit their web shop at https://elmerkadito.si to check all the products available.
- 2 packets (102 grams) of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 200 ml. whipping cream, full fat
- 150 ml. sweetened condensed milk
- one shot of good espresso
- pinch of fine salt
- Chop the peanut butter cups into small pieces. Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream until it forms medium to stiff peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and a pinch of salt to the heavy cream, continue beating until stiff peak form.
- Add in the chopped peanut butter cups and espresso, continue beating until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a small loaf pan and freeze for at least 5 hours. Enjoy!
- Same with my tips on my previous ice cream recipe, it is best to use cold cream including the other ingredients for easy whipping.
- When choosing your whipping cream, make sure to use the unsweetened variety.
- Before starting, you can prepare in advance your espresso and let it cool completely. You may place it in the freezer also for few minutes before adding to your mixture.
- In the absence of peanut butter cups, you may substitute it with regular peanut butter of your choice.
- While the taste of coffee is just perfect for this recipe, you can add a teaspoon of instant coffee to your espresso for a stronger taste.
- No espresso machine? No problem! You can dilute 2-3 teaspoons of instant coffee to 2 tablespoons of hot water then let it cool completely.
- Before chopping the peanut butter cups, it is best to freeze the packets first for at least 10 minutes to harden it a bit for easy chopping.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag me @theintrovertkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #theintrovertkitchen