I made this oven-dried pineapple flowers for the first time as part of upgrading the look of my well-loved Carrot Cake. Making these delicious pineapple flowers is just easy and while drying them out takes a little while but rest assured that you will be happy when you see how it turns out!
- 1 whole ripe pineapple
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the pineapple and remove the eyes then slice into thin slices.
- Dry each pineapple slices carefully on both sides with a paper towel.
- Arrange the pineapple slices on a large baking sheet with a parchment or baking paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 2-3 hours or until the slices are fully dried out but still pliable when you transfer them to the muffin pan.
- While still warm, place each pineapple slices in a muffin pan or in a small cup or dish and allow to fully dry. Store in an airtight container once done.
- Choose a pineapple that is not yet overripe.
- Using baking or parchment paper while baking the pineapples will help to avoid them from sticking directly on your sheet.
- I only have a 12-cup muffin pan and to accommodate the other pineapple slices, I used cupcake liners instead and it worked totally fine.
Did you also make this recipe?
Tag me @theintrovertkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #theintrovertkitchen