Craving for something tasty and delicious without the guilt? Try this simple salad that you will enjoy with your loved one. This is perfect for a late summer lunch.
- 200 grams firm tofu – marinate in a tablespoon of Kikkoman Soy Sauce, olive oil and pepper
- 100 grams fresh spinach
- sliced tomatoes
- fruits of your choice – see Notes below for the suggestions
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Ponzu Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ground pepper
- Slice the firm tofu into bite-size cubes and place in a small bowl. Drizzle with one tablespoon of Kikkoman Soy Sauce, a dash of ground pepper and a little olive oil. Set aside and marinate for a few minutes or for better taste, you can leave this overnight in the fridge.
- Arrange the sliced tofu in a baking dish and drizzle over the marinade. Bake for 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven of 170 Celcius.
- Prepare the Ponzu Vinaigrette by combining the Kikkoman Ponzu Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce, olive oil and ground pepper. Set aside.
- Once the tofu is done, set aside for few minutes until it cools down a bit. Assemble the greens and vegetables by placing the spinach first into your salad bowl. Add the tofu, sliced tomatoes and scatter around the pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle over the prepared Kikkoman Ponzu Vinaigrette. Enjoy! 🙂 This will serve two persons, why not share it with your love one? 🙂
- Squeezing fresh lemon is optional but will add more fresh feel to your salad.
- You can skip pomegranate and use other kind of fruits available. Best alternative will be strawberries, peaches or even mandarins, bloody orange or pomelo.
- For more Asian feel, you can also add sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds to your vinaigrette.
Did you also make this recipe?
Tag me @theintrovertkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #theintrovertkitchen