Aside from Filipino dishes, we also like Thai food here at home. Having traveled to Thailand for several times, we fell in love with Pad Thai, chicken cashew nuts and sticky mango rice and these are just the few that we really like and I enjoyed cooking.
For the past weeks, I’ve been hooked watching Marion and her Mama Noi! 🙂 I just love this duo and I am their newest fan. (https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=470397437131890). This recipe is an inspiration to Mama Noi’s Thai Chicken & Ginger Stir-fry and please enjoy my version.
- 400 grams chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 40 grams ginger, thinly sliced
- spring onion – bulb chopped thinly, leaves cut into 1.5 inches long
- 100 grams enoki mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Stir-fry Sauce – mix thoroughly until sugar is dissolved:
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine the marinade to the sliced chicken breast, toss and set aside.
- Combine the stir-fry sauce and mix thoroughly until sugar dissolves completely. Set aside
- In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil then add garlic, spring onion bulb and the marinated sliced chicken. Stir-fry until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the enoki mushrooms, mix until combined. Add the prepared stir-fry sauce then mix again. Cover and let it cook for about 7 minutes or until chicken is done. Toss in the spring onion leaves and voila! Serve with rice.
- If you want a little kick, you can add chili flakes.
- Make sure to slice your chicken thinly and in uniform sizes for faster, even cooking.
- The original Thai recipe calls for wood ear mushrooms. If you can find this, please feel free to do so. I think, shitake mushrooms will also do just fine as an alternative.
- The original recipe also calls for young ginger but for my version, I was using the regular ginger available in supermarkets here in Ljubljana.
Did you also make this recipe?
Tag me @theintrovertkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #theintrovertkitchen #kikkoman #kikkomansoysauce #kikkomaneurope